Thursday, October 2, 2008

What financial problems?

I know that this sounds like a heartless question. It is not intended to be addressed to those who have their retirement savings in the stock market or others who are legitimately affected by the financial problems that the government has brought about by its reckless play with Fannie and Freddie. The question is directed to those government officials and their cronnies who recklessly played in their financial playbox called Fannie and Freddie and carelessly ran it into the ground.

In the last month, I have taken out a car loan. I have also been solicited by a bank to receive an equity line of credit on my home. I did take out that equity line of credit. I have not used it, but I have it to even out the cash flow in my business.

My point here is that we are supposedly in a financial crisis. I am no wealthy tycoon. How is it that I can enter into debt when we are in a financial crisis? Money is tight. It is so tight that the government thinks they have to take billions of dollars from us taxpayers to keep the financial markets liquid. I don't see it. What is really going on is that the government is trying to fix problems that they caused with their policies on Fannie and Freddie. Why is it we Americans look for answers from the people who caused the problem to begin with?

No comments: